Mad About Madras Cupcakes Appropriately Accompanied by Cranberry Vodka and Grand Marnier Glaze

These cupcakes were totally inspired by Crazy for Cupcakes authored by Krystina Catella. She does a cupcake, Sea Breeze ...based on the drink...but I can't eat grapefruit, so I changed a couple of things to make it more like the drink called a Madras !

And, they are very tasteee cupcakes, indeed. I added orange juice and small bits of orange rind...and I found some cranberry vodka at the store...that put a big smile on my face...and so I added that and some Grand Marnier, to the glaze. I also threw in some diced dried cranberies, too. These cupcakes are loaded with pleasure!


Layla is so into it when I'm making cupcakes! She just comes up to the table and begins to pose while I'm taking the cupcake photos. So...I actually did give her one little tiny dried cranberry as a reward for her vigilance. The funny thing is that she is a dog that loves fruit...including apples, oranges, pears, etc. I've never had a dog that liked fruit that much. She's simply amazing!

Guess what? I forgot the book at home today...I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Also, be on the lookout for my next contest...I'll announce it on Wednesday....it's another CUPCAKE COOKBOOK signed by the author...betcha you can't guess which one!

Rock on, as always your Cupcake Queen

CQ

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Is that an umbrella, CQ? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so refreshing and good. BTW, where do you get your brown cupcake liners online? I've been tearing Phx up and can't find them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 AM

    I lurve your blog, especially when hungry. We don't combine peanut butter & chocolate here in Australia, but I am going to give it a go. It is a mystery to me why you are not fat......all this very yummy food that no one could surely be moderate about..fantastic blog...thank you for all the vicarious eating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. prissycook:

    go to https://www.confectioneryhouse.com/...they are right on the front page!

    CQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. payla:

    yes! i got them at anthropologie...the are drink swizlers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes sound amazing! Whenever I think of cupcakes I completely forget there are so many different variations, just need to be more creative in the kitchen!

    I've never heard of a dog eating fruit, either, but then again, my brother-in-law's dog Papa (pit/lab mix) will eat anything you give her. I mean, anything. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:34 AM

    I would love to see an exact recipe for the Madras Cupcakes posted. Not being a 'cook' by nature, I need to have measurements, ingredient listings and times all spelled out.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look mouthwateringly amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:37 PM

    They sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my ex has a dog that simply loves fruit and vegetables too... his favourite seems to be bittergourd and any kind of fruit he can get... so everytime i cut fruits for myself in their kitchen he'll come along and follow me everywhere i go...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Dude, post the recipe or I'll be forced to come to your home and take your cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm being teased. Cupcakes can't possibly be as mouth-fillingly flavorful as I am imagining the Madras cupcake to be. Let's trade: a cream cheese pound cake for a 1/2 doz. Madras cc's, Y/N?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:27 AM

    I used to have a dog who loved fruits and vegetables. He ate most fruit but he didn't like bananas. I think they were too mushy in his mouth. His absolute favourite was cabbage, believe it or not. He preferred it to roastbeef anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our Welshie, Spot, LOOOVES dried cranberries!

    So nice to know that he's not the only gourmet-dog out there!

    ReplyDelete