These cupcakes are all so happy that they are going to Durham, North Carolina for Shelley's baby shower which is tomorrow...she and Dav-EE are having a baby girl at the end of August. Then we'll be able to say "Hello Genevieve!" I can't wait!
Pre-baking I went to Michaels to pick up the naked little babies that I have used on baby shower cupcakes before...but they were no where to be found...CQ was not happy. She had to cruise the aisles...which she usually doesn't mind...quite a while until......
she found these wooden baby heads at Michaels AND they also had the red doll baby hair. CQ cut off little wisps and super-glued a ringlet to each of their heads...Shelley has red hair...and Dav-EE has a reddish tinge in his hair.
The cupcakes are Martha Stewart's Vanilla Cupcakes and the frosting is Pink Lemonade Frosting! The recipes are below. Hope you enjoy them!
Here's the recipe for the Martha Stewart Vanilla Cupcakes:
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 4 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups milk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated and scraping down sides of bowl, beat in vanilla.
2. Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to assure the batter is thoroughly mixed. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling papers about 2/3 full. Bake on the center rack of the oven until tops spring back to touch, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here is the recipe for the Pink Lemonade Frosting:
* 1/3 c. butter
* 4 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 1/4 c. fresh lemon juices
* 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peels
Beat butter in a mixing bowl until it is fluffy.
Add 2 c. of the powdered sugar gradually, beating constantly.
Slowly beat in lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla.
Slowly beat in the rest of the powdered sugar. If necessary, add a little more lemon juice if frosting is not spreadable.
No matter where you go there you are.