Sugar and Spice Are Nice Cupcakes!



I had a funny desire for spice cupcakes this week...I wonder if it is because it has been so cool here...and...I hate to say this but, the leaves are beginning to turn...and...oh no...some of the leaves have fallen! I hate the end of summer. But pretty soon I love the crisp e ness of fall. Besides, what the H can we do about it??



These cupcakes are made from Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice cake mix. I followed the directions on the box...and then I added 1 cup of cranberries, 1/2 cup of walnuts (smallish pieces) in half the batter (because some folks are allergic to nuts), 1 cup of dried apricots (chopped into small pieces), and, finally, 1 cup of plain yogurt.

Layla really liked Martha Stewart's Cream Cheese
Frosting
(recipe below)...it is so creamy!

We've become addicted to the Olympics and watch them every night. Are you hooked, too?

Martha Stewart's Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

Makes enough for one 9-inch, three-layer cake

16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and brought to room temperature
2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions

Beat cream cheese and vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add butter, beating until incorporated after each addition.

Reduce speed to low. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, and beat until fluffy and smooth. Frosting can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days; bring to room temperature and stir well before using.

Layla and I hope that you have a GR...ATE week!

Rock ON!

CQ

3 comments:

  1. Allright, I have a cupcake challenge for you my queenie girl... I recently underwent Gastric Bypass surgery & have lost over 100 lbs (& counting). Since surgery, I can no longer tolerate sugar, period. Also, white carbs are OUT. Think that perhaps you can come up with a 'not so fat ass' cupcake that is sugar free but still yummy made with wheat flour? Challenge is ON GIRL! Make this 'formerly fat chick cupcake lova' PROUD! *hugs*

    -Amy & Ruby Cate
    www.bookmyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 PM

    Mmmm, spice cake does evoke fall! And I am so ready for the change of season. Nicely done, CQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice combo of ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete