Two Candy Cupcakes for the Price of One!

Candy Cupcake #3: Junior Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Mint Frosting
I'm a little behind with posting the third cupcake in the Candy Cupcakes Series...Junior Mint Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Mint Frosting...suggested by Prissy Cook....Happy Late Birthday, Prissy Cook!! Work has been so crazy the past two weeks....it was all I could do to get them made! And,they were good...but not necessarily my favorite. That would be the Junior Mint one below! But, if you like peanuts, you will love it!

Candy Cupcake #3: Junior Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Mint Frosting

This is my son-in-law...Da-VEE...really his name is David and he's married to Shelley. They live in Durham and Da-VEE is gettng his Ph.D. from UNC....that rhymes...but he still loves the TERPS!

Candy Cupcake #3: Junior Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Mint Frosting
I know this sounds crazy...but I do love Junior Mints. I remember always getting them at the movies and then dumping the entire box in my coke! How can I be tell you this?? Then I would eat frozen Junior Mints for most of the movie! I can still remember how good they were! N-E-WAZ: This is how they looked when they came out of the oven....

Candy Cupcake #3: Junior Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Mint Frosting
And, my sous chef, Layla, was very nervous that she wasn't going to get any of the cupcakes!

Candy Cupcake #4: Mounds Bar Coconut Cupcakes with Vanilla Coconut Frosting
These are the fourth cupcakes in the Candy Cupcake Series: Junior Mint Cupcakes with Vanilla Mint Frosting sugested by Amy and Ruby Cate....Thanks guys! And, because this week I'm going to be working on my scenery for my Halloween cupcakes....This is a little preview..notice the hand ...of what's to come...cue screaming banshee......

Candy Cupcake #4: Mounds Bar Coconut Cupcakes with Vanilla Coconut Frosting


The cupcake was vanilla with mini chocolate chips and coconut and small bites of Mounds Bar mixed in the batter. The frosting was vanilla mint with pieces of Mounds Bar on top. OMG! They were awesome.

Candy Cupcake #4: Mounds Bar Coconut Cupcakes with Vanilla Coconut Frosting

Layla guarentees that every cupcake is good! Her motto is that she's never met a cupcake she didn't like!

Have a great week!

Rock on, CQ

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Now that's what I'm talking about! Now the great debate: Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patties?

    Thank you for the late birthday wish! This was the big 3-0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Your cupcakes are awfully cute, but I hope you're not letting Layla eat any of the cupcakes containing nuts (including peanuts) or especially chocolate, which are both toxic to dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh they both look SOOO good. mounds and junior mints are my dads favorite movie candies. i might have to make these for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Junior mints are so tasty and perfect in the movie theater, so why not on cupcakes? I would like to taste those. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! thanks for your pictures on the hallow-ween cupcakes! I love the skeleton hand. I got some gummie tongues, ears, and fingers to put on my cupcakes but I ran into a devastating, horrible, sick problem the frosting smelt like eggs and it was watery...

    >< I linked to my post about it if you want to read it, but I'll just let you know:

    I used a little more than 1-1/2 cup of sugar, and 5 egg whites (i filled about up to 1 cup with the egg whites, was that too much?)

    then I put it on the water bath and mixed until the sugar dissolved then took it to the counter and kept mixing by HAND...but it smelt like eggs and was watery even after like 15 mintues!!!


    *confused*

    ReplyDelete
  6. never mind! I asked a chef herself, :)

    love the baby ruth chocolate cupcakes...mmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG WE LOVE THEM! Sorry we're just getting to them now but things have been INSANE around here with the holidays & huge Italian families. BUT OMG RUBY LOVES JUNIOR MINTS! And TOTALLY JUNIOR MINTS, not york perpermint patties! BLECK! Junior Mints are SO MUCH MORE 'MELT IN YOUR MOUTH' kinda mint, don't you agree? I just showed these to Ruby & her response, and I quote: "MOMMA MAKE THEM! MOMMA GONNA MAKE THEM! RUBY WANNA BABY MINT CUPCAKE!" =)

    hehehe I'd love the actual recipe if you wouldn't mind shootin' me an email as to how you mastered such a creation! ;)

    *hugs* from Boston!

    -Amy & Ruby Cate

    ReplyDelete