Happy First Birthday, Panda! Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

Blame this one on my Mom...she's the one who gave me the idea for these "Panda Birthday" cupcakes. The Panda's first birthday is a big deal in this area...there was a huge birthday party at the National Zoo today for Tai Shan (means peaceful mountain).
When he was first born he was called "Butterstick" because he looked like a .... stick of butter. At today's party, they served cupcakes and the Panda got a huge popsicle made from juice. Very cute!Here's what he looked like when we saw him during the Thanksgiving break last year.
But, in the end, I couldn't help myself...I had to make a couple of these cupcakes look pretty!
Here's a shot of the whole group together. The recipe is from Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman. I'll try to post it later tonight. The frosting is made is white chocolate...yummmm! I think you'll like that part best!

10 comments:

  1. What are used for the eyes?? The look kinda like blueberries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look lovely!

    I just realized you're in the DC Metro Area too. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 PM

    hey! hope you read this. im from argentina and i blog 52cupcakes all the time. i even started to do cupcakes since ive always loved them (i (used to) love the cartoon strawberry shortcake! ) and because in argentina we dont have them, the only similar thing we do is muffins. the cupcakes came out great , they dont even have a spanish name so in my family we are trying to invent cool names! well, i actually wanted to tell you THAT I READ A BLOG CALLED JUST MY CUP OF TEA, AND THERE WAS THIS PICTURE OF THIS GREEEEEEEEAT CUPCAKE PAN! ITS CALLED "ICE CREAM CUPCAKE PAN" IF I LIVED IN THE USA I WOULD SOO BUY IT, ITS SO CUTE , ANYWAY HERES THE LINK http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/cat/pip.cfm?skus=7884109&pkey=xsrd0m1%7C15%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cice%20cream%20cone%20cupcake%20pan&gids=sku7884109&cmsrc=sch
    ITS BY WILLIAMS SONOMA. i hope you like it! :) anto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:24 PM

    hey, its me again! i just forgot to tell you that the blog y read is this http://justmycupoftea.typepad.com/just_my_cup_of_tea/ and that it has LOTS of cupcake related posts, seriously, the girl (?) is a cupcake whore! (haha)
    and second, hope you like the pan and if you ever come to Buenos Aires bring one for me!
    anto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin: the faces are pretty much all frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Those are just too cute!

    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:15 AM

    Hi, in reference to the cupcakes in spanish, when I was a kid (15 or so years ago) we called them pastellitos which roughly translates to little cakes. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeek cute overload!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cookies and Cream...YUM! Can't WAIT for you to post the recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete