Whatever Charlie Wants...Brownie Cupcakes with a Peanut Butter Kiss!



I enjoyed an exciting Memorial Day weekend in Marlboro, New York! It was awesome....even sang...should I call it singing??... backup karioke in "Annie's" with Marie...with my sister, Robin, singing lead...Walkin' on Sunshine, huh?...this is something I have never, ever done before...we were very brave...and...luckily...not to many people were there to witness the event! But, we had a blast...we also had a couple of shooters, jack&diet, etc. to get the courage up...AND, you're probably wondering who the H is Charlie!



Well, he is my cousins'...Marie and Gary...son...and he is an ardent Cupcake Queen supporter and he checks this blog EVERY Monday...as I'm sure you do, too! When my Mom and my sister, Robin, got to New York we went over to Charlie and Jen's lovely house...which we had never seen before...they're going to have a baby in August...so fun!...I asked Charlie what kind of cupcake he would like the CQ to make for the party at his sister's house...Noelle, Chris and Maddie...he came up with the brownie cupcake with peanut butter inside! Okay, I was definitely up for that one!


Of course, that entailed a trip to a local grocery store in Highland...Hannafords...which I explored at lenghth...and I found everything I needed. You may recall that I usually have some funny experience in grocery stores having to do with a loud speaker announcement...this time I was in the candy aisle in the back of the store...here was the announcement: All Managers Please Report to the Freezer...followed by someone in the background saying "Uh-Oh!" OMG...I almost lost it right there...did they have their meeting in the freezer, CQ wondered? N E Wayz...I gathered my cupcake goods and made my way to the checkout lady...who was very nice...I was tempted to ask about the freezer but told myself, no....just get in the car, head back to the house and make those cupcakes before the parade starts!

Okay...so these cupcakes are made with Duncan Hines Brownie mix....I made the "cake-like" version and popped in a Hershey Peanut Butter Kiss...oh yes...I made mini cupcakes this time. More deatails later...but I need to get to work now. I'm leaving you for now with this video hello from Charlie!



Rock ON!

CQ

11 comments:

  1. LOL at the hello!

    Looks like a fun time, glad you had a great time! I love Karaoke too, but I don't get up and sing unless I'm VERY VERY drunk. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CQ,
    I'm an avid fan, keeping up with your blog from Swansea, Wales, in the UK. I love love love it, and tell lots of people to check you out. Keep cupcakin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Hi! Found your blogg today while looking for recepies. Just gotta say that I am truly amazed by your creations. They are like art! If you want you can look at my results from the making of my first cupcakes on my blog. It's in swedish but you can allways look at the pictures. Have a nice weekend! /Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcake Queen once again thank you for posting the Hi-Top Cupcake recipe I just made a new batch and it is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:18 PM

    OMG where have I been??? I just found your blog and started reading it from the beginning. I red the entire thing like a great book and i have to say I really enjoyed your journey! Now to go back and pick some recipes to try out, I'm so excited! Thanks for inspiring me Cupcake Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look sooo good! I’m new to blogging and am making my way through all of your posts. I love reading about your baking adventures and seeing the beautiful photographs. You’ve inspired me to bake more and blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! I'm a huge cupcake fan too! Visit me at my blog sometime-we can talk sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so now I am aware that cupcakes are contagious. Your pictures are fabulous! In fact your Strawberry Field'ers inspired me to try Very Cherry ones of my own.

    Rock on CQ . . . Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just back from DC and I made these last night for my husband (a brownie-oholic) who was under the weather! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Hi, CQ! It's always fun to see you spreadin' the love. I was in NY, too. Stopped at the cupcake cafe on 18th street. Have you been there? Darling store, prettiest cupcakes ever. But the cakes were surprisingly stale tasting. Magnolia gets to keep its title as My Favorite NYC Cupcakery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog! I found it while looking for cupcake papers with paw prints or cats on them. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete