Thursday Night Experiment: Polka Dot Fondant Cupcakes


Tonight I decided to try to make fondant. I saw a recipe in my new book (The Artful cupcake by Marcianne Miller) called Polka Dot Fondant Cupcakes. I thought this might be fun and it was. I made the cupcakes just using a cake mix...I didn't want to waste time on that part of it. The recipe called for making Royal Icing and Tasty Fondant. The first cupcake was ugly...but by the second and third, I was really getting the hang of it. And, I would definitely do them again. I used hot strawberry jelly as the glue on the cupcake and then put the fondant circle over the cupcake and formed it around the cupcake. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. They tasted yummy!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    These look so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Word. Those are great! Phooey on you--I just decided yesterday what I want my reception menu to be, and now you go and post THAT and I want them! In pink and white! Yargh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I don't even like cupcakes, but these all look and sound soooo good... I drool every time I load your page. Man, I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Those are so cute! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Wow, you are moving into a whole new arena ...
    Next thing you know you'll be opening a bakery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fantastic! I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wOw these are adorable!! you did a great job..and MADE your own fondant, that's great!! I haven't ventured there yet..but SOON!! Vanilla extract is always a very good "glue" when working for fondant, just brush it on with a small paint brush. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When are you going to post the recipie? I totally want to try those...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:07 PM

    recipe, please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Hey! Did you ever post this recpie? I checked the book out from the library a long time ago, and have been thinking about these cupcakes for a while and would like to make them this week.

    Awesome project by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Yummy!! This is sooo funny! I am making fondant tonight, but most fondants taste nasty, but this one i am making is marshmellow fondant, its yummy! Im putting it on little heart shaped cupcakes. Did your fondant taste yummy? what was the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:30 PM

    recipe for polka dot cupcakes please. hjtd@aol.com

    ReplyDelete