Only Martha Stewart's BEST for ARAY's 30th!



Today's is ARAY's (aka Autumn) 30th birthday! And, unfortunately, she won't be able to eat these lovely cupcakes made in her honor because she has moved to OHIO...does Ohio have a primary?...and because she cannot eat salt...I would have made her something different if she was right here...no kidding...even tho I'm against changing the chemistry of the tried and true cupcake!




I made these cupcakes from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's....it the White Cake Mix ($11.99) and it makes 28 cupcakes....and I must tell you that it is amazing! If you want to check it out: this is the link.



Then I made Martha's "fluffy vanilla buttercream" frosting...recipe of which is on the box. OMG! It is just about the best thing since sliced bread. I know that even ARAY would have to have a bite of one of these cupcakes!



Don't worry...these babies won't go to waste...my daughter, Catherine, is taking them to an AIGA meeting tonight. She said all the designers love homemade treats! They may even sing Happy Birthday to Autumn.



Layla, who got a little bite of the frosting because she's the best sous chef I've got, is wishing ARAY a Happy Birthday, too.

Happy Birthday, ARAY....and we miss you!

Rock on, CQ!

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:48 PM

    You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Hi 52 cupcakes. I stumbled upon your site today, it's fantastic. I'm in desperate need of your recipe for Chocolate Ancho Chile Cupcakes. Please, please, please. You can email me at cookies1@netcarrier.com. Thanks in advance for your time. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I just saw these on another cupcake blog and now that I see the ones YOU made, I want them even more.

    The last thing I need is more ideas for cupcakes to make...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! I love you guys! Thanks for checking in...these cupcakes were absolutely the BEST!

    CQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find the translation buttons for your blog. They sure are nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sally:

    try this web site for translation tips:

    http://allblogtips.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-add-google-translation-to-your.html

    CQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cupcakes are so pretty! And what a lovely doggie, he has two eyes on that cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Wow... these cupcakes are fabulous!
    I'm italian, I ate Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes in London ...and now i'm looking for the recipes...

    could you kindly help me?
    My e-mail add.: jamyrene@msn.com

    Thankssss
    http://jamyrene.spaces.live.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. My name is Autumn, I live in Ohio, I recently added your spendid yummy link to my blog, but I'm not your birthday girl. Happy birthday to another Ohio Autumn who will be the same age as her in 3 years...or,will still be 3 years behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Aw CQ, that's so sweet of you. I hope Aray comes to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so gorgeous! I'm going to have to try them out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:17 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sparkly sprinkled swirl looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Hi!
    I'm from Sweden and have never made/eaten or seen cupcakes.
    I'm a housewife starting now, and I was hoping to catch up on my baking but there are no good books here, and people here just don't bake.
    So I was wondering if you could maybe find it in your heart to give me a "starters" recipe (don't know the spelling there).
    It would meen the world to me!
    /sabina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Your cupcakes look lovely! I bought the mix but I cannot figure out what the instructions mean when it says to add the cake mix to the egg mixture. What egg mixture is it referring to?

    ReplyDelete