Cupcake Queen Makes the Washington Post's Reliable Source!

From the Washington Post Reliable Source: ..."The shop has a devoted following, and its Chocolate Ganache cupcake won The Washington Post's Cupcake War in 2008. But not everyone is a fan. "I've been to their store three times and I think their cupcakes are good, but I didn't feel like they're fantastic," said Linda Martin, author of the local 52 Cupcakes blog. "But they definitely created some sort of mystique."

Martin's favorites come from Baked & Wired, a bakery just blocks away from Georgetown Cupcake. Co-owner Teresa Velazquez, who opened her place in 2001, said she's never met the sisters but doesn't consider them rivals. "Our product is different than their product," she said. "Everyone has a different idea of what a cupcake should taste like."

To read the full article, go here: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/2010/07/rs-_cupcakes.html

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Best cupcake in Alexandria/Arlington area:
    Best Buns in Shirlington
    Worst cupcake in Alexandria/Arlington area:
    Mancini's in Del Ray section of Alexndria
    Jacobi Bupkis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Best cupcake in Alexandria/Arlington area:
    Best Buns in Shirlington
    Worst cupcake in Alexandria/Arlington area:
    Mancini's in Del Ray section of Alexndria
    Jacobi Bupkis

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwww!!! *___* quanti magnifici capcakes!!!!!!!bellissimi!! complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a perfect and wonderful cupcakes...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth but about 3 months ago I tried my very first Brown Betty Petit cupcake and it has changed my life forever! My fav is the red velvet!

    If you haven't tried them and ever in the Philly area, you must carve out some time to visit Brown Betty Petit!

    DP
    www.ediblebits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcakes are so cute! I'll be coming back often for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:21 AM

    I'm glad to read reviews from someone who has been to GC. I wondered about the icing after watching the show a couple of times--it looks like weak whipped cream. Next time I'm in DC I'll try Baked & Wired.

    ReplyDelete