Week 41: Super Bowl Cupcakes...the Big Show Down Match Between the Angel Food Cupcakes and the Devil's Food Cupcakes

Another awesome trip to Wegmans yesterday...and this time I didn't get us lost, so it only took about 20 minutes to get there...to gather cupcake material for this week's Super Bowl Cupcakes and also some stuff for the Valentine's Cupcakes...shhhh...no telling what that's going to be! For Super Bowl XV's cupcake, my sister gave me this idea....Angel Food Mini Cupcakes on one side Devil's Food Mini Cupcakes on the other! BYW...did you know that sports writers often refer to their "easy to beat opponents" as "cupcakes"....as in seen in this article ..."Don`t be fooled into thinking the Seahawks skipped into the Super Bowl on a path paved with cupcakes and candy floss." What's up with that??

The frostings are the key with these puppies...First, I did my own coin toss to see who would get to be the Angel Food Cupcakes and the Steelers won...hmmm...perhaps that's a positive sign. The frosting had, of course to be black. I used a buttercream recipe and added my own idea of fun: Goldschlager. It's a cool liqueur because it has real gold flakes in it and it tastes like cinnamon!


The Devil's Food Cupcake frosting...which is blue...also was made with buttercream frosting and for this one I, of course, added Starbuck's Coffee Liqueur. This one tastes like heaven...chocolate and coffee.



After the frosting was complete, I created this somewhat elaborate football field on the kitchen table which was pretty funny...crowd scene, football formation and all...Here's the link to my Super Bowl cupcakes on my flickr account. NOW KIDS...ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Looks great Aunt Linda! Can't wait to taste your creations! You are amazing! Now Layla can reast at ease, they won! Go Steelers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Sooo cute!
    Emily aka biscuits and blues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Hi Cupcake Queen,
    I love your website and look forward to seeing what you've created every week.

    I just wanted to share with you a cupcake store here in California. Their website has so many pictures of cupcakes, I thought you'd enjoy it.

    http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:32 PM

    I wish I were as cupcake-makingly minded as you are. I LOVE cupcakes and I can't eat most commercial ones because of the corn syrup and various corn-derived ingredients. I may have to change my baking habits... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Hi, I was searching the internet for cupcake decorating ideas and found your site. I'm looking forward to reading all the past entries and especially love the pictures. I made Magnolia Bakery chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and the Barefoot Contessa coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting this past weekend, and I'm hooked on cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:34 PM

    I wish we were closer!!! You'd have unannounced knocks at your door every week.

    ReplyDelete